Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry CHRISTmas!

Christmas in my family is not a HUGE thing.  But, this year was different.  

We haven't put up our Christmas Tree in about 6 years.. I think my brother and I got lazy during high school & we never really gave gifts so we felt that there would be no point for a Christmas tree.  When I came home from Provo, our Christmas tree was up & we had Christmas lights! It felt like a Christmas miracle! I have a feeling that my stepsister who lives in Vegas wants my family to be more "Americanized."  We even did Secret Santa.  WEIRD. 

The truth is.. I wish my family REALLY knew why Christmas is celebrated.  My mom is Atheist & my step-dad is somewhat Buddhist? I'm the only 'Christian' member in my family.  It's hard to come back to Vegas and live a material lifestyle.  Provo --> Vegas = BIG culture shock for me whenever I come home.  

Today, when I got on social media, I quickly passed through the pictures of what people received for Christmas.  But, when a picture of a missionary Skyping their family showed up in my news feed, I literally 'liked' it because that's what Christmas is about! Christmas is about being with the ones you love the most and thinking about Christ, our Savior.  I have spent a lot of time with my new baby brother since I've been in town & his birthday is close to Christmas, so whenever I looked at his beautiful face, I sometimes think of Jesus. I love my family so much & I truly wish they could know the true meaning of CHRISTmas.  



Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! 

Xoxo,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment