Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

I am a walking expiration date.

OKAY. Let's face it.  I'm graduating in 5 months.  It's scary but exciting as hell at the same time.  Excuse me for my language.  I feel like a walking expiration date.

Provo Stereotype:

"Oh you're graduating and you're not married yet?"
"Don't move to NYC, you're not going to find anyone there!"
"If you don't meet someone in Provo, it's going to be really hard once you leave..."
"I don't want to be selfish and date this girl/guy and make them wait for me until I'm done with school."

SHUT UP EVERYONE.

I don't know where I'll be once I graduate, but I know i'll be doing SOMETHING. I just recently quit my job at Wells Fargo because I was unhappy & I felt like I wasn't going anywhere with that job.  Lately, I've been saying goodbye to things that get in my way of making me my best self.  I want to do advertising & I was stuck at a bank doing deposits for old people. Don't get me wrong, I love Provo.  That's why I'm so scared to leave.  Who knows, what if I want to work in SLC? I DON'T KNOW what i'm doing, that's the problem.

I've been talking to a lot of other girls and even guys who are debating about leaving Provo because they haven't found "The One" yet.  We can't let this Provo stereotype stop us from doing what we love.  You want to travel the world?  Move to a big city?  Move back home?  Do what's best for YOU.  Live your life in the present.  We are always worrying about the future, but I know that if you're doing the right thing everything will work out.  It's probably easier said than done, but just have faith.  EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT.

xoxo,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. Hey you blogged! I'm one of those people that is saying it is easier to find someone in Provo. Statistically there are more lds guys. But if you're not looking to get married anytime soon than who cares, go do what you want! You could move down to Mesa, plenty of things and people down there! Love you lizzzzzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha love you Lindsay!! IDK what I want! If the right guy comes along obviously if I was IN LOVE I would stay in Utah. BUT if not, then hello NYC or CHICAGO. hahaha

    ReplyDelete